These drives provide the following key features:
• 7200 RPM spindle speed.
• Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
• High instantaneous (burst) data-transfer rates (up to 600MB per second).
• Native Command Queuing with command ordering to increase performance in demanding applications.
• Perpendicular recording technology provides the drives with increased areal density.
• PowerChoice™ for selectable power savings
• SeaTools™ diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
• State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
• Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
• Supports latching SATA cables and connectors.
• Tarnish-resistant components to help protect drive from environmental elements, increasing field reliability.
• Worldwide Name (WWN) capability uniquely identifies the drive.